Sunday, January 3, 2016

Life Update and College

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating in such a long time. Life got insanely busy! I started college last fall and I was busy getting ready for that and just other major life changes.

College is a lot different than I expected. There are so many influences that can affect you. There is so much drinking in college and it can be hard to find friends who don't drink. If you have friends that drink, that is understandable. But if all they care about is drinking, and their party behavior influences your friendship, maybe you should find new friends. And of course, if you enjoy drinking, then you do you. Just because you drink and party does not make you a bad person as long as you are happy with your choices.

I have a few tips if you are going to be going to college soon, whether it be this spring or next fall. First, make sure to do your homework. Homework is insanely important in college and can be a deciding factor between an A and a B. Secondly, go to class. I know you are probably thinking you will go to class no matter what but trust me, the feeling of not wanting to go to class is very real. But if you don't go to class, you will miss critical information. For every class you skip, you waste around $10. Think about all the coffee you could buy with that money! Finally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, do not force friendship, and if you are having trouble finding friends, you are not alone. On move in day I was trying so hard to cling on to anyone who spoke to me. But what I realize now is you do not need to make friends right away. I didn't find my friends until about 4 weeks into school. Also, do not settle for friends who are not good friends. Find people you genuinely enjoy.

I will update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment