Monday, May 26, 2014

How to Cope With Stress

Stress can come from all sorts of causers, friends, tests, homework, parents, pretty much anything. I get stressed from simple things like what I want to eat for dinner. Stress is a common part of life. I have many ways of dealing with my stress. In this post I will break it down by category of stress causers, and how to cope with each causer. 

General Stress: Stress that just comes with life.
  1. Go for a walk: Going for a walk can help you clear your mind while also getting in a good work out! 
  2. Listen to music: Personally, listening to music such as pop, rock, or metal increases my heart rate which only stresses me out more. I would suggest listening to slow, calming music. It will calm the stress sensors in your head and give you peace of mind. 
  3. Take a nap: Sometimes all you can do is sleep the stress away.
  4. Eat healthy: Eat a bowl of carrots, eat an apple, drink some milk.  
Stress From School: Have lots of homework to do? Tests to study for? These can help!

  1. Do your homework: Although it is stressing you out, the best way to cope with homework stress is to do the homework. Worrying about doing your homework will just make it worse.
  2. Reduce the amount of distractions: Work in a room with no electronics or people. (Unless you need them to do your homework)
  3. STUDY!: The only way to prevent stress about a big test coming up is to study.
Stress From Family: Are your parents fighting? Your sibling picking on you? 

  1. Leave the room: Go hide in your room for a while.
  2. Listen to music: Unlike the first category, when you are stressed out by family it is best to listen to your favorite kind of music. 
  3. Read a book: Trust me, it can be fun.
  4. Watch a movie: My personal favorite is Grease.
Stress From Friends: This is one of the hardest causers of stress to handle. These tips also apply to boyfriend/girlfriend trouble.

  1. Talk to them: Talking to the person who is causing the stress is the best way to fix the stress. Tell them why your upset! Sometimes they won't listen, and that is fine. It will show who is truly your friend. 
  2. Tell someone else: Just venting your worries can help.
  3. Take a break from who is causing stress: Get some space. 
That's all I have for today! I hope this post gave you some new ideas on how to cope with stress. And remember I'm always here to talk! Tumblr ----easiest way to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment