Sunday, June 1, 2014

Life...

         Sorry for the late post everyone! I have been meaning to get off my butt and write a post but I've been a busy girl. I had a mental breakdown on Thursday which had to do with school and my friends, and then it just went downhill from there. HOWEVER, yesterday I ran a 5K run for my aunt who passed away about 4 years ago. Although I didn't run the entire time, and I had an injury that made it hard to run in the final mile, I'm still proud of myself.

        Anyways, my post today will be focused on High School. Lately I've been seeing a lot of negative things posted about high school and how the system is flawed. I agree, high school sucks. You are forced to be with people you hate. You are stuck in a building for 8 hours. You can only move when the bell rings. People are constantly judging you. You have to keep up with your friends and boyfriend/ girlfriend. There is a lot of work and stress. But I have a question, can you find a better solution? Is there any other way to prepare teens for the real world? Personally, I don't see an alternative method. And frankly, high school is a decent representation of life. At work you will be with people you don't like, you have to work for long periods of time and don't get to move around often, people judge you, and on top of that you have to keep up any relationships you have. High school is hard because everyone is young. I have seen so many people ruining their lives in high school either from drugs or negative relationships. Your life is based on high school, which sucks, I understand. In high school your brain isn't fully developed and there are so many tempting things. Just keep yourself down to earth, work hard, and make sure to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment